TEACHERS, STUDENTS and PARENTS, please read and review all the rules.
- Videos must be 100% produced by a student(s) currently enrolled at the school submitting the video(s). Actors may be outside the high school, but all scriptwriting, filming and editing must be produced by the student(s).
- Video(s) and Entry Form(s) must be submitted by Friday, January 7, 2022 @ 3:00pm via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One ENTRY FORM must be filled out by the STUDENTS and submitted for EACH entry.
- A STUDENT may submit up to a total of 3 videos (1 per category).
- All videos must adhere to the time limits listed. Entries will not be judged past the time limits and may not be shown at the Film Festival if they are longer than the limit.
- Each video MUST have a 0:05 slate at the beginning with Title of Film, Category, Student Name.
- Credits are required for all videos. 0:15 seconds can be added to the end strictly for credits only.
- Videos in the categories NJ HOMETOWN DOCUMENTARY SHORT, DRAMA, NARRATIVE, PSA, SUSPENSE, and STOP MOTION/ANIMATION are to be submitted by TEACHERS only.
- All submissions must be placed on Google Drive, Dropbox, MediaFire or similar and the link emailed or included with the Entry Form. Please remember to “grant permission” when sending the video file.
- Videos in the category NEW JERSEY HOMEGROWN DOCUMENTARY SHORT are to be submitted via Film Freeway.
- All high schools in New Jersey are eligible to participate.
- Any use of copyrighted video or film footage is PROHIBITED. It is suggested that prior permission is granted from the artist(s) for the use of any copyrighted music. All music MUST be school appropriate. Entries with inappropriate, questionable, or offensive language or content will be disqualified.
- All videos must have school appropriate content. The audience for this event is intended for students, their families and the community. Keep it clean; NO profanity, violence or vulgarity is permitted. All scenes should be G or PG rated. Entries with questionable language, violence or other content may be disqualified. You may not show drug use, or tobacco or alcohol consumption, even in an anti–drug PSA. Don’t glamorize the use of drugs or alcohol in any way.
- Students understand that he/she is participating as a filmmaker in the Artists Alike Film Festival and give permission to be photographed or videotaped, allowing any and all uses of student image and name in connection with promoting the company, exhibitions, public displays and publications without reservation.
- By submitting your video to the Artists Alike Film Festival, you have read and agree to all of the rules. You understand and agree that your video will be shown to an audience. It may also be distributed for promotional purposes by Artists Alike Studios and may be posted on the web.
CLICK HERE FOR ENTRY FORM